- 1). Fill the coffee machine's reservoir with cold water.
- 2). Add 1 tbsp. white distilled vinegar for every 5 cups of water in the reservoir or the suggested amount of descaling powder according to the manufacturer. Stir the powder with a long spoon until it has completely dissolved.
- 3). Remove the filter and filter basket from the coffee machine.
- 4). Plug the DeLonghi coffee maker into an electrical outlet.
- 5). Place the empty coffee carafe in position on the heat plate to catch the brew.
- 6). Flip the machine's ON/OFF switch to start the brewing process.
- 7). Empty the carafe when the contents of the reservoir have passed through the machine.
- 8). Fill the reservoir with cold water.
- 9). Brew the clean water through the machine.
Repeat the water refill and brew process until no vinegar smell or calcium residue is detected in the carafe.