- 1). Open the web page that you wish to add a note to using an HTML editor or Notepad if you do not have an HTML editor.
- 2). Scroll through the code and find the location where you want to add the note.
- 3). Enter the opening HTML comment code: "<!--" (without quotes).
- 4). Type your note. The note can be as long as you wish and can contain whatever you wish. Notes will not appear on the webpage, but only in the source code.
- 5). Enter the opening HTML comment code: "-->" (without quotes).